Duties of a Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Technicians work in both large and small companies. In smaller companies, the role is more generalized. The tech may be required to fulfill all maintenance issues as they arise. In larger companies, the role of a Maintenance Technician can be more specialized, limiting your work to specifically work in areas such as: instrumentation, facilities, mechanical or electrical.
Maintenance Technicians mostly work in standard daily shifts but can also be required to supply “on call” support to their facility, depending upon the specifics of the job role. Maintenance Technicians usually work as part of a wider maintenance team within the facility.
Specific tasks can include:
- Assisting in the installation of new manufacturing equipment
- Ensuring equipment and machinery has proper calibration
- Preventative maintenance and routine inspection and testing of machinery
- Responding to alerts and messages – carrying out corrective action in line with maintenance procedure
- Maintains logs of any downtime within the manufacturing system
- May be involved in training of production staff of routine maintenance procedures
- Clear documentation of both routine checks and repairs needed, in line with both internal and external protocols and procedures
If you think you can handle the day to day tasks of a Maintenance Technician, apply at CCNN to obtain your certification today! This is the change you’ve been waiting on.