Industrial electronics technology is a broad field of study in Physics and a branch of electrical engineering dealing with power electronics. As an engineer in this field, you will learn how to assemble parts and components, measure and keep checking all electrical parameters and control systems, respectively. You will also perform factory automation, the sensors, programming, and maintenance of electronic equipment.
Industrial electronics technician skills are applied in an industrial setting, where they design electronic equipment, test and install them. They perform general maintenance and inspection on this equipment. They carry out necessary repairs and also perform all troubleshooting tasks. As a student who has chosen this career path, you would have in-depth information and knowledge on electronics and the related equipment. As manufacturing companies realize that factory automation is the only way to keep up with the cost, the availability of related jobs is increasing daily.
There are several skills that an aspiring industrial electronic technician must possess. These skills may vary based on the specification of the job that you are going to perform. However, since employment in the field is generally inter-related, you will be required to learn and acquire as many skills as possible. Hands-on training and practice will provide you with a full spectrum of industrial electronics.
Important Industrial Electrician Skills
- Good practical skills as this are a field that requires continuous improvement and learning.
- Confidence when using power tools as some tools may be dangerous or complicated to use.
- Close attention to detail so you don’t miss on important things that can become costly for the project.
- The ability to focus for long periods to make very keen observations before a conclusion.
- The ability to follow instructions as dealing with electricity and electronics could be hazardous.
- Complex problem-solving abilities and methodical mind.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the electricity industry. You may be required to provide a professional certification.
- A commitment to health and safety and understanding of specific electrical safety regulations.
- An electronic technician should have good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Administrative skills as the job may require filling some paperwork for each job category.
- The ability to work independently and at a time without close supervision.
- Normal color vision (this is crucial as electronic technician need to be able to distinguish between the different colored wires in a circuit).
- A reasonable standard of physical fitness as you’ll need the strength to do your job right.
Become an Industrial Electronics Technician
Industrial electronics technician skills are not all personalized. They can be acquired by anyone who aspires to work in this general field of electricity and electronics. So are you ready to follow your career path as an industrial electronics technician? Well, you’re in the right place. To get more information, call us at 775-241-4445 and we’ll be at your service.