Get Answers Now!
Medical Assisting Career
Why a medical assistant career with a professional medical assisting organization?
Students and alumni of CCNN’s Medical Assisting program should consider becoming members of a professional organization because membership can help your medical assisting career.
Students especially can benefit by joining and as you approach completion of the medical assistant program and begin your job search, membership in professional organizations should be added to your resume. Benefits of joining include:
• Networking opportunities – You can develop connections in the medical assistant profession that may help you find your first job or advance later in your career. Any opportunity to meet and get to know others in the field is an advantage.
• Information – As active members, students and alumni alike can keep up on trends, regulations and information about potential job openings.
• Volunteer opportunities – You can add to your resume before you find your first medical assistant job. Members are likely to share opportunities when they arise, giving you a chance to gain experience at local events.
• Professional credibility – When a hiring manager sees you are a member of a professional organization, it indicates you are serious about your medical assisting career.
Each organization has different requirements for membership. Although joining does cost something, the benefits of membership may help your medical assistant career. There are several associations you can consider joining:
• American Association of Medical Assistants
• American Registry of Medical Assistants
• Nevada Society of Medical Assistants
Get the training you need to become a medical assistant.
At Career College of Northern Nevada, you’ll receive comprehensive, hands-on medical assistant career training combined with traditional classroom education. Our classes are designed to provide you with a well-rounded education, help you learn general office skills, and enhance your critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
You can complete an Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) degree in as little as 16.5 months. A medical assistant career is an ideal fit for those who are detail oriented, love to solve problems, and want to make an impact in patient-centered care. For more information about the Medical Assisting program at CCNN, call 775-856-2266.