Have you considered becoming an HVAC/R Technician but are not sure how to get started? Commercial and residential building construction is expected to drive employment growth and job opportunities for HVAC Technicians are expected to be good, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Did you know you can complete HVAC Training in Northern Nevada at CCNN in as little as nine months? But what does the training at CCNN entail?
HVAC/R Service Technician Diploma Program
This program is designed to introduce and prepare students for entry-level employment by developing the essential skills and knowledge base to meet the standards and demands of today’s industry. During the program, you will learn the basic principles, functions, and practical applications of residential and light commercial air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration.
Courses for HVAC Training in Northern Nevada
The courses you will complete during the program include:
- Technical Writing
- Computer Fundamentals for the Trades
- Customer Relations
- Foundations of HVAC/R
- Electrical Theory and Application
- Refrigeration Theory and Application
- Heating Systems
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems
- Air Flow and Distribution
- Skills Review and EPA Certification
Hands-On HVAC/R Training
The HVAC/R program at CCNN gives you hands-on training on skills you will use when you’re out in the field. This includes:
- Replacing filters, ducts, and other integral parts of HVAC/R systems
- Heating and cooling device installation
- Following blueprints, design specs, and manufacturer instructions
- Routine maintenance and repairs
- Installing motors, compressors, condensing units, piping, evaporators, and more
Ready to Begin a Career in HVAC/R?
Now that you have an idea of what the HVAC/R technician program entails, are you ready to take the next step toward a career in HVAC/R? Contact CCNN today at 775.241.4445 for more information on our programs.